Friday, June 10, 2011

Wk2-2 DB Quickies: CD Ownership, Music Sharing or Spontaneous Listening


 Topic #2: Pick one topic to respond to:
a. Do you remember the first song/artist that touched you on an emotional level, not just a catchy tune, but something that sank in under the skin?
b. Do you remember when audio CDs were introduced? Do you remember how the record companies said that the $15 – $19 price for audio CDs would drop when CDs became more popular (LP prices being around $10 at the time)? Are you tired of buying the same songs more than once? Please discuss…
 

It’s very difficult to find the first song, or even a specific one that connected emotionally, as all the music that stays with me has done that. Historically many songs that have become mainstays in my collection are their usually because they have marked a time in my life or I connect to a specific person because it is what I remember during a pivotal moment in my relationship with that person.

I guess one that is most poignant to me is the Earth Wind and Fire song September. I always think of my wife because we met at my fraternity’s Fall semester Icebreaker on the 21st night of September; which is part of the opening line of the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment