Saturday, June 25, 2011

Re: Tria's comments-Wk 4

(graur razvan ionut)

On 6/23/11 Tria Wrote:
Chapter 9. Lighting a Spark. Lighting a spark seems like an easy enough task but I've been in a relationship for over 15 years and can not light a spark underneath my love even if it was a camp fire. In my professional life, I have lit tons on sparks. I have given words of encouragement to many coworkers. Talking to my students in ways that bring them to think, say and do things they could never have imagined. What was truly poignant in the chapter was the idea of enrollment. The story of Ben's influence and spark on the children of Eastlea Community School was very powerful. If you give people a chance to connect to be the person they can be without your judgments then maybe you can light a fire under them to see a world beyond their imaginations. Change comes from being changed…….

On 6/25/11, John Wrote,
Tria,
I am compelled to write on this post as I am finding myself in a very similar situation in one of my “lives”

I find personally, that I address how I react to the situation is that I spend a lot of time working on myself and the things that make me a better person/professional. In “many” cases, I find that I’m preoccupied enough by what it takes to make me a better me that I am less and less connected to what is wrong with the other people in my personal/professional circle. Its not a unconcerned attitude of what happens on the outside…it is more that some things I do as a person/professional because I choose to, because it makes me feel accomplished…because my desire to be the best at my undertakings won’t allow me to snuff my cinder or have it snuffed by personal or professional stimulus simply because that is not how they do things.
At the end of the day if I fall short…I don’t want it to be because I am reactionary to my personal professional circle. I want to do everything life exactly the way that my spark in me motivated me to do…. regardless of who does not operate that way.

Just a thought…
JCIII

No comments:

Post a Comment