Thursday, June 2, 2011

RE: Important Media History: Obama Hope Poster For Sale



Location of Article
January 14, 2011 5:27 pm



on February 21, 2011 at 1:40 pm

Admin said:
Yeah, and Fairey could have just asked either Garcia or AP for permission before using the photo and it would have all gone away. Part of APs problem is they are still living in the world where they have photographers covering stories and then posting the photos so that they can be “published” via AP and they’re still treating it all like in the days when we could only get our news and news photos via the daily deliveries of a dead-tree-edition on ones doorstep every morning or evening. Sad. The world has changed.

I said:
Honestly, This is very insightful, as I was not aware that a graphic rendition of the image was a copyright infringement, though as I think about it it makes sense (maybe I just did not think about it) This is very interesting. I have done graphic representation of people (and myself) before for personal logo and personal designs, but they were the clients.

I guess the best thing I get from this is a cautionary tale.
JCIII

No comments:

Post a Comment