Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wk3_RE: Alli W_(Free Choice-Interactive Tech History: OLPC: Following in the Heritage of Logo & the MIT Media Lab)

Posted by Ali Weinreb at 6:24 PM
I love this idea of inexpensive laptops to reach all students. But I’m a little disturbed that we are focusing here on other countries and “underprivileged students.” I know so many teachers here in America, where our own children and students do not have access to computers. Let’s focus on our children and students first, before we can save the world. Don’t our kids deserve it too?


June 15, 2011 10:44 AM John Said:
I know that on occasion my "Liberal Label" slips out of my pocket and on the ground when I think that way, but I feel like many time the fact that resources are so available her in the states has people under the misconception that those resources are evenly distributed, or that those who don't have access just chose to forgo access out of free will.

I would be more agreeable to initiatives such as this if the people who spearheaded them were allocating the same resources for a designated area of the populace here. It is still very true statement that you need to take care of home first.
JCIII

No comments:

Post a Comment