Monday, November 15, 2010

PE5

Aviary Pt. 2

Unfortunately, My good fortune did not last with Aviary. I imported a piece of stock photography that I downloaded from another Web 2.0 resource, PhotoXpress. and attempted to create a piece for their artist showcase.

Tutorial (Intermediate)

My interpretation

From the initial glance, it would seem that I was successful, however this is not where I stopped on this piece, this is where Aviary got on my last nerve. I wanted to do something with the negative space behind the model and play into the desaturated pice motif a bit more.

it took a few attempts to get this where I wanted it, most specifically with the program not allowing me to paste into layers like I wanted. Other times I could not see the work on the layer yet when I was giving the computer instructions there were things going on behind the scenes (at one point I had cut a whole square out of the lady's face, but I did not know it until I had a "window in her head"...yet undo wasn't accessible.

I could dismiss my concerns with the Phoenix program of Aviary as just being lack of familiarity with the platform, yet the interface is very user friendly in terms of streamlined desktop functions and buttons. In addition to that, I am not convinced that I am that far out of the learning curve to get in there and produce considering be that most image manipulating programs do essentially the same things (Photoshop, Gimp, Phoenix, etc)

 at present I am 1-1 with Aviary, (I give the loss, with prejudice, since the tutorial was reproduced fairly successfully, but I wasn't able to move as  fluidly through the program as I though i should be able to)....... I still am unwilling to write Aviary off...I just am not going to get into a gotta be done yesterday project and go there expecting to produce  (not without out a BIT more experience)
JCIII

No comments:

Post a Comment