Saturday, November 6, 2010

PE2_iMovie

iMovie & "Ducking"

I am glad I spent the time in Lynda.com on iMovie. Under most circumstances when it comes to technology I don’t realy like to spend a whole lot of time in a medium where there are a lot of functions that I don’t know much about. Needless to say I am feeling much better now with iMovie. This time around, I am learning what Ducking is (at least what it means in iMovie).

Ducking is a feature that allows iMovie to diminish the audio output of music tracks over video when someone is speaking. It is an alternative to completely cutting off the audio track. My most recent video “ducked” my jingle pretty well so I will just share the procedure.

First select the clip or series of clips where you want Ducking to occur. Again, click the gear in the top left corner to open the inspector where you can adjust audio and video clips. Select Audio Adjustments


On your adjustments panel you will be adjusting the Ducking controls, which are second from the top. 




If they are at 15, you should be fine (default), as most tracks and video audio work well at the default setting. If not change it to 15. Teak it a little lower if that still doesn’t suit your needs.    


Check it out.
JCIII

No comments:

Post a Comment